The lead system
Sitehood provides lead generating system via the chat.
Although the main purpose of the system - to manage the entire sale progress in the chat, there are certain segments of different sizes and audiences that require generating leads from the site visitors and follow up by phone or any other means.
To do so Sitehood developed intelligent system that allows chat operators to produce leads, send them via email to other sale reps and organize them in a dedicated dynamic leads terminal.
Activating the lead system
To start using the lead system, first activate it in the settings interface.
In the lead system settings within the control panel settings, you can activate the lead form and define email addresses for sending leads automatically as they are produced.
First check the box next to the line "Enable the Lead system". Once you enable the system, the lead form will be displayed in the control panel when speaking to visitors.
Insert the details you would like the operators to gather from the visitors. This is usually contact details and the visitor's request.
Finally, insert the email addresses for the leads to be sent to. You can add several emails separated by a comma (,).
Set an agent to be a lead coordinator
As explained in the Agents management page, you can set an agent to be a lead coordinator.
This agent is not a regular chat operator. He will receive conversation manually from other operators by the lead form (as oppose to regular operators that receive chat conversations automatically).
This definition is intended to allow certain agents to only chat with visitors that were defined as leads or receive them in the lead terminal for future follow up.
Using the system
After activating the system, you can see the lead form in the control panel and start producing leads from the chat conversations.
The lead form
The lead form is a smart form allows sending a visitor's information via email and saving him as a "lead" in the system.
During the chat conversation, you can copy the details received in the chat to the lead form by highlighting the text and clicking on one of the suitable buttons.
- The replace button () - Clicking this button will copy the highlighted text and paste it in the text box (if there already was text in this box it will be replaced).
- The edit button () - Clicking this button will copy the highlighted text and add it to the existing text in the box
- Call back time - If the visitor request to call him back later in a certain hour, you can select the date and the exact hour to return to him. A suitable notification will be activated when the time comes in the lead terminal.
- Urgency level - You can determine the urgency level of the lead according to your conversation with the visitor. You select the lead to be regular, important and urgent. The selected option will be expressed in different color in the lead terminal. Also, an urgent lead is a critical lead that will be displayed in the system as an exception.
- Not a lead - This option provides the ability to send the visitors details without saving him as a lead if the conversation doesn't meet the "lead" Criteria. The form will be sent by email but will not be displayed in the lead terminal.
- Update lead - You can use this option to add or correct some of the details in a lead you already sent. Not that this option allow to send the leads multiple times.
- Follow up - If there are "lead coordinators" online, an "assign to" option will be displayed. After the lead is saved the conversation will be transferred to the selected operator. The lead will also be displayed in the lead terminal with the selected agent as its handling agent.
- Close conversation - You can close the conversation from within the lead form right after you send it. This is the same action as the regular Close conversation action in the chat window.
- Send - after filling the form, the operator has to send it for the lead to be saved. Note that the system will not allow a lead to be sent if there is no name or at least one type of contact details (either phone number or an email). The system will not allow sending multiple leads so it won't be counted twice.
As explained in the control panel page, as soons as the lead is produced its details are saved in the visitor's card under the "lead details" tab, it will be marked with a lead icon (), the details remain in the lead form and you can find it in the history interface when searching for leads.
In this image you can see an example of the lead as it displays in the Email with Sitehood's uniform structure.
The lead terminal
The lead terminal is a dynamic interface where you can view, edit and export all leads produced in the chat.
Every lead produced by the chat is saved in the lead terminal. The terminal is updated online, after displaying the existing leads, every lead created, updated, or becoming an exception will be add to the list automatically. Important! Remember that to start viewing the incoming leads, press the display button (first time only).
The terminal settings
By clicking the terminal settings button, you can edit the leads table display, sound alerts, define the exception time and set up email addresses for leads sending.
You can choose whether to show or hide data in the table display. For example, an operator can decide that he has no need to display the customer's name or that he doesn't want to see the site name where the lead was produced (in the case there is only one active site).ניתן
In addition, you can determine the sort order of the table columns by clicking and dragging one of the options upwards or downwards.
This setting is saved per operator and will not affect the display for others. Note that this setting is saved in the browser used by the operator so in case he changes the browser he uses or deletes the browsing history he will have to set this option once again.
The operator can decide to enable sound alerts when a new lead is added, when the time has come to return to a customer and when the lead becomes an exception.
For each of those options you can choose one of three possible sounds.
This setting is saved per operator and does not affect the other representatives. Note that this setting is saved in the browser used by the representative changed so that if the browser or delete the browsing history will have to set this up again.
This option is designed to prevent the operators from missing leads or forgetting to return to customers in a reasonable time.
The lead terminal can identify when a lead becomes an exception. This means that a reasonable time had passed since the lead was generated or alternatively since the time to return to the customer had come and the lead.
An exception lead will be marked in the terminal in a red color. Note that this is the most important lead - if not treated in time it will lose effectiveness!
Use this option to set the amount of time that passes from the lead creation until the moment he will be considered as an exception.
You can also set the amount of time that should pass from the returning to the customer time (as it was set by the chat operator) until it is considered an exception. This option is relevant for leads that were assigned to be treated in a future time.
The amount of time entered is in minutes. For example, if you want to add a couple of hours, you will need to write 120.
Sitehood recommends to the mark a lead as an exception in up to half an hour from its creation. Statistics show that leads treated in a few minutes from their creation encountered much higher closing percentage than leads treated after a longer time.
If the lead is treated before the set time it won't be counted as an exception and will not be displayed as such.
A lead that was set by the chat operator to be "urgent" will be treated as an exception from the moment it is created.
In this section you can define which Email addresses will receive leads created by the chat. You can add multiple addresses separated by a comma (,) just like when sending regular emails.
In addition, you can insert important information you would like to receive in the leads. These specifications will be displayed in the lead form for the chat operators.
This option is also available in the settings page under the lead system settings.
Using the terminal
After entering the terminal, you have to run a preliminary search to see the existing leads. Then every new lead will appear in the list automatically.
- Select the site or sites where the leads you would like to view were created
- You can choose the amount of leads display on the page (there is a bar at the bottom that allows browsing number of pages)
Filter the list
- Only exception leads - This option will display only the existing leads marked as an exception.
- Filter by Agent - When selecting this option, you will be able to choose which of the handling agents' leads you would like to view.
- Show only unattended - This option will display only leads that was not related to any of the operators.
- Only today's leads - This option will display only leads that were created today.
Multiple selection is possible.
For the filter to work you have to select it before displaying the leads.
The filter is active only on the existing leads. If a new lead is created or becomes exception it will appear in the list regardless of the filter.
Sorting the list
You can sort the leads table according to the presented titles. By clicking on one of the headings of the table (for example: handling agent, last update, status, etc.) the leads sort order will change. You can see the direction of the sort (A-Z, Z-A) by the triangle appears next to the title and reverse the order by clicking once more.
The leads table
An exception lead will be marked by a red color.
The lead statuses are marked by different colors in order to emphasize the leads order of importance (Normal, Important וUrgent).
A lead that is marked when created as "urgent" will immediately become an exception. This is meant to allow the operators to decide a certain lead is super important and should be treated exceptionally.
When a lead is added to the list, becomes an exception or the time to return to the customer arrives, a visual notification is activated. The leads row in the list will blink and the appropriate text will appear. In addition, a new or a returning lead will be marked with a star that will disappear only after the operator will open it.
All leads created and saved are displayed in the table along with their creation date and details.
By clicking on the leads row you will open a special form where you can view and edit all of the leads details.
After clicking on one of the leads in the table, a window will open where you can view and edit the following details:
- Creation and update time of the lead
- The chat operator's name that created the lead
- The customer's details fields filled during the chat conversation (name, last name, phone, email, visitor comments, etc.)
- The attending operator's comments
- The attending operator's name - You can also change the attending operator and transfer the lead to another operator
- Status - You can see what status did the chat operator set and change it - Note that if the status is "urgent" and the lead was treated you have to change the status to release the lead from being exception.
- Return to customer time - You can view and change the date and time set to return to the customer.
- Chat contents - You can see the entire chat conversation with the site visitor.
Beyond sending the lead to predefined email addresses automatically, you can send the lead manually by entering a specific email address into the appropriate field and click the send button.
If you change one or more of the details, click on the Update lead button for the changes to be saved. After the update, the lead will be displayed back in the table with the changes.
We recommend changing the urgency level to the lowest after closing the lead.
The system allows exporting all leads to a spreadsheet file (Excel).
This is how you can transfer this data to another system and be able to further analyse the business’ statistics.
After clicking on the "export" button, the system will indicate that the file is ready and will display a download link. The file is saved in your computer for later use.The file is saved in an ".xls" format