Departments and skills
Sitehood system allows dividing the site to departments by relevant pages.
The purpose of dividing the departments is to filter the list of visitors according to these departments, activate delayed messages in selected pages only and mainly to give priority to certain operators in the conversation routing based on skills.
Create a new department
To create a new department, enter its name and choose if it should be active. After creating the department it will be added to the list of existing departments.
To activate the department in the site, you should select some of the site's pages to be related to it from the site pages list and select the operator that will get priority in receiving incoming conversations from this department.
By clicking on the department name, you can edit it.
- The list of pages related to this department is displayed when it's open (1).
- The list of operators related to this department is displayed when it's open (2).
- You can create and edit delayed messages that will work only in this department by clicking on the appropriate button (3)
- To delete this department click on the "remove department" button (4).
- You can set the department to be active or inactive by checking or unchecking the box (5).
Relate pages to the department
Without relating the site's pages to the department, it has no value.
After clicking on the edit button in the pages list, the site's pages will be displayed. In one side you can see all of the site's pages and on the other side you can see the related pages list.
Note that the list will contain only pages that Sitehood system indexed meaning only pages in which at least one visitor entered after adding the script.
In order to relate pages to the department, choose the pages and click on the button with the arrow pointing to the related pages list. If you would like to remove pages make the opposite action.
To select and relate more than one page at a time, press Ctrl button while clicking on page name.
After relating the pages to this agent, visitors who send messages while browsing one of these pages will be identified to be in this department and the related operators will get precedence when the system will rout them to an operator.
Relate operators to the department
For the department to affect the conversation routing, you have to relate operators to it.
After clicking on the edit button next to the operators list, the operators list will be displayed. In one side you can see all of the registered operators and on the other side you can see the related operators.
In order to relate operators to the department, choose the operator and click on the button with the arrow pointing to the related pages list. If you would like to remove an operator make the opposite action.
To select and relate more than one operator at a time you can use the Control button on your keyboard (Ctrl).
After relating the pages to this agent, visitors who send messages while browsing one of these pages will be identified to be in this department and these operators will get precedence when the system will rout them to an operator.
You can create delayed messages that will be active only in the pages related to this department.
For further information about delayed messages visit the delayed messages section in the settings page.
After clicking on the delayed messages button, the list of messages will open:
- First determine if the delayed messages feature will be active in this department or not (1).
- To add a new message, click on the "Add Message" button (2).
- Insert the message text, the delay time and set it to be active or not (3).
- Every message is added to the list where you can edit it, delete it and change its activity by checking or unchecking the box next to it.
Operating with departments
There are several obvious advantages using the departments.
- The system displays the department every visitor is currently on.
- You can filter the visitors list according to the site's departments - for example you can display only visitors who are currently browsing pages that are related to the "electronics" department.
- As explained in the previous section, you can activate auto messages according to certain pages.
Further explanation about the visitor's location display and the visitors list filter can be found in the How to use the control panel page.
The main use of those departments is to provide precedence to operators during the conversation routing according to their skills.
As explained in the Agents management page, when a visitor sends a message he is being routed to one of the operators according to availability. When the visitor sends his message from a page that is related to a department the conversation will be routed to the related operator first. Only if there are no available operators from this department, the conversation will be routed to operators from outside this department.